privacy at the university of western australia
the university of western australia strongly respects the privacy of students, staff and 起碰人人在线观看0other members of the university community. uwa is committed to the responsible and legal management of personal information collected on behalf of the university.
the university has obligations regarding 起碰人人在线观看1the collection, use and management of personal and 起碰人人在线观看2health information under various pieces of legislation.
the university must comply with the australian privacy principles, contained within the privacy act 1988 (commonwealth), in relation to students’ personal information obtained for the purposes of chapter 3 and 4 of the higher education support act 2003 (commonwealth). the university 韩国电影在线3has further obligations in relation to the personal 韩国电影在线4data it collects and manages under the health services act 2016 (wa) and the freedom of information act 1992 (wa).
the university is also considered in limited circumstances to be a data controller for the purposes of the european union general data protection regulation 2016/679 (gdpr) in relation to the collection of personal information from individuals located in the european union (eu).
apart from as above the university is not subject to the privacy act 1988 (commonwealth) and unlike other australian states and territories there is no current western australian information/data privacy act.
any person who deals with the university is entitled to expect that their personal information will be treated in accordance with this policy.
the university has distilled and summarised its commitment to information privacy through the uwa information privacy tenets.
- 1. notice
- inform individuals what personal information you are collecting and why
- 2. purpose
- collect only what personal information is legitimately needed for the purpose
- 3. security
- protect personal information by using adequate security
- 4. sharing
- do not disclose personal information unless you are confident it is directly connected with its purpose
- 5. relevancy
- ensure personal information remains relevant, by allowing individuals to review and correct their data
- 6. accountability
- handling personal information is your responsibility
- 7. transparency
- be open and vigilant, and report concerns or potential improvements
for more detail on the privacy office and how to contact it please see our privacy office page.